Monday, May 25, 2009

Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick





I like Drums. I like Girls. I like to occasionally be Dangerous. I like Pie. How is this not the perfect book for me.


My little brother brought this book home(from my school actually) right before spring break. He never really got into it and told me to take it back... so instead of taking it back I decided to read it.


I'm glad I did.


The book centers around a thirteen year old named Steven whom obviously plays the drums and he also has a five year old little brother Jeffrey. But one morning Jeffrey get's sick and it turns out he has Leukemia, which is no bueno. Now Steven has to deal with school, his awesome drum solo, girls, and his family trying to deal with the tragedy that has been bestowed upon them.


I really enjoyed this book, I could kinda relate to it. I mean, I have an annoying little brother, I play the drums, it just kinda fit me. So that's why I really enjoyed it, and it turns out, I already owned a Jordan SonnenBlick book called, Notes from the Midnight Driver, its good too, check it out. To me this book deserves a five out of five stars.

273 pages

No comments: