Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Glass


Glass, the sequel to Crank. This was a good book. I wouldn't say Ellen Hopkins best(I think it is still Impulse)but, it was in the top three at the least. This one once again dons the poetic writing style that is Ellen Hopkins. This one is just as dark as Crank or maybe darker(debatable). For some reason, this one didn't engulf me in its story. Maybe it was the fact that I was on my fourth Ellen Hopkin book in a row and was just tired of reading or the series. Who knows. All I know is yes, I did enjoy it, but I probably should have taken a break between the books, but I didn't.

The story was decent, picking up were Crank left off, telling the tale of Kristina and Bree and thier neverending decent into the monster. Now that Kristina has a baby(established at the end of Crank), she is a mother. Everything else involved in the story is Kristina's every falling descent into the black pit that is the monster. She meets new friends, distrust grows greater within her family, and because of the monster she doesn't care.


Another thing that bothered me was that there was really no payoff at the end of the book. Maybe, if you really think about it, theres no payoff in any of Ellen Hopkins book's. But, nevertheless it still was engrossing, and I was compelled to read it to the end. I give the book a three out of five stars.


688 pages

No comments: