Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Crucible-thoughts on bullying

Well, I've returned to share more thoughts on this ravishing play.

In the Crucible, Abigail Williams(witch whom we've previously discussed) is in all the sense, a BULLY. Now you make ask yourself, what is the true definition of the word: bully or bullying? Well ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you.

The definition of bullying is: the act of intentionally causing harm to others, through verbal harassment, physical assault, or other more subtle methods of coercion such as manipulation.

Now if you've heard, or spoke about Abigail Williams, then all the sense of that definition is in the context of that women's name. She used verbal harassment,(I don't recall physical harm?) and she used mass amounts of manipulation. So the main purpose of what I've typed so far is to ask the main question, " What makes her different than any one else bullying? ". The answer, in my opinion, nothing. "Well she was the cause of a whole bunch of people getting hanged", you say, or "What she did was way worse than the word bullying". My response..."not really".

If you think about it, then bullying expands to all masses of harm. Terrorism, Murder, Rape, these are all forms of bullying. So in my opinion, calling some one a bad name, or causing some physical harm whom didn't deserve it, is the same as Terrorism, Murder, or Rape. No? then give me your thoughts, and we'll see who wins.

1 comment:

Tammy Gillmore said...

You win! I agree!

By the way, did you mean to spell witch...as witch...instead of which...in the first paragraph or so while discussing Abigail?!